7 Reasons to Move to Costa Rica
Did you fall in love with Costa Rica during a visit? Perhaps you need a change in your life, a fresh start… Maybe you are tired of the cold weather in your country and you want to move somewhere where it doesn’t snow; or maybe it’s time to retire and you want a place where you can live a more relaxing life. Whatever the case may be, you are right to consider the possibility of moving to Costa Rica.
Many people from different countries make Costa Rica their new home every year, but why? What is so appealing about Costa Rica? Like all countries, it has its share of “problems”, but it has far many more advantages than disadvantages. Here we give you 7 reasons to move to Costa Rica:
1) Beaches: If your idea of fun and relaxation involves spending your days at the beach, you will LOVE Costa Rica, a country where you have access to both the Pacific and Atlantic coast, some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, white sand, dark sand, hidden paradises or busy touristic sites, miles of beaches to choose from, or actually, you don’t even have to choose, you can explore all the different alternatives if you have that adventurous spirit.
2) Nature: Costa Rica is small, but 25.58% of the country’s territory is part of conservation areas and protected territory; it shelters 5% of the world’s biodiversity, rainforests, cloud forests, tropical dry forests, volcanoes, etc. All these without having to travel long distances.
3) No Army: Costa Rica is one of the few countries in the world that has no army. It chose to direct its economic resources towards education and health since 1948. The National Police Forces are in charge of the country’s security; it has its problems like every country, areas which are better to avoid, etc. However, it continues to be among Latin America’s safest countries to live in. Costa Rica also continues to work on being an inclusive society, making everyone feel welcome despite their gender, religion, ethnicity or sexual preference.
4) Costa Rica is Pura Vida: Costa Rica’s lifestyle is “Pura Vida” (Pure Life); a phrase used by Costa Ricans referring to pretty much anything, it means: hello, good-bye, thank you, O.K., it all depends on the context; Costa Ricans’ perhaps tend to take things “lightly”, which can be a bad thing for many, but a good thing for many others; in general, Costa Ricans’ are friendly and hospitable, which helps with the culture shock, not for nothing it is considered the happiest country in Latin America.
5) Find everything you need: Costa Rica has evolved to offer, commercially speaking, pretty much everything you can find in North America granted some things are more expensive being that they are imported, but you won’t be deprived from quality products and services. As a matter of fact, medical and dental services are much more affordable in Costa Rica than North America and the quality of the service is great.
6) Life Expectancy: The investment in public health has paid off, Costa Rica has the highest life expectancy in Central America and holds the second position in Latin America and the third in the entire American Continent with 79.6 years, just behind Canada (82.2 years) and Chile (80.5 years), according to the World Health Organization. Costa Rica also has a “Blue Zone”, (demographic/geographic area where people live measurably longer lives), which is Nicoya in Guanacaste, this area is home to several centennials, perhaps the warm weather, beautiful beaches and in general a better quality of life are the reason behind this.
7) Investment Opportunities: This is a country where you will find many investment opportunities, it is home to several multinational companies that have chosen to establish here due to the economic and political stability. The possibility of getting highly educated labor is a plus, and when it comes to technology, communications and internet the country is competitive. Government organizations such as the Costa Rica Investment and Development Board (CINDE), the Costa Rican Exports Chamber (CADEXO) and the Foreign Trade Promotion Institute (PROCOMER) are great allies in providing information to those interested in investing in Costa Rica.
Costa Rica is a wonderful country that will welcome you with open arms. If you are ready to move to Costa Rica and whether you are coming by yourself or with your whole family, you will need some help with your relocation to ensure that the process is easy and stress free, make sure you find a reliable and experienced team to walk you through the entire process, Immigration Experts for instance, is a law firm with years of experience in all aspects regarding relocation needs, and can provide you with the legal advice you require regarding Visas, residency procedures, real estate, business establishment, etc.
Relocating to paradise is simple if you follow the right procedure. Get the expert help you need and start your new, healthier, happier life in Costa Rica.
Say it with me… “I’m moving to Costa Rica!”