Set in the mountains in rural northwestern Costa Rica you will find the stunning Rio Celeste and waterfall. This breathtaking natural wonder is fast becoming one of the country’s most popular attractions.
Rio Celeste means light blue river. Legend has it that after God was done painting the sky he washed his brushes in the river and it now bears this color.
A walk through Tenorio Volcano National Park will take you along the riverbed. Here, you will see (and smell) the Rio Celeste turn from clear to vivid turquoise.
The surrounding scenery is beautiful even if you only hike a portion of the trail. Because the park is at high elevation, it hosts primary cloud forest as well as rainforest and is home to an abundance of wildlife.
Imagine a shining turquoise waterfall, pools and flows in the middle of a lush green rainforest. The hike follows the flow of the river to different very scenic sites and takes more or less 3 hours.
On our way home we will enjoy a delicious costarican lunch and then stop to visit a beautiful waterfall where you get to swim and soak in the wonders of nature!
What is included:
- Hike through primary rainforest (3hrs)
- Celeste Waterfall (no swimming), Lagoons and River
- Traditional Costarican Lunch (“Casado”)
- Waterfall w/swimming (along the way home)
- Entrance Fees
- Bilingual Guide & Transportation w/ AC
- This is a FULL DAY tour
- Driving time from Flamingo: 3:00hrs (PICKUP: 7:00am)
- All Ages!
- Minimum Attendance: 4 persons
Rate: $140/adult, $90/child