VC Page Maker 2 – Page -> Post
Rio Tenorio Whitewater Rafting – Class 3-4
The “Rio Tenorio” is Guanacaste’s biggest white-water river! Its pure waters originate from the virgin rainforest of the “Tenorio Volcano” National Park along the continental divide from where it winds its way through the Guanacaste mountain range along a deep, red-rock canyon surrounded by magnificent landscapes of the low tropical dry forest.
We will enter the “Pozo Azul” section where we will start our rafting adventure that will take us over numerous rapids along 20kms (12 miles) of this famous river which will conclude with a super-exiting 12-foot drop down the “Cascabel Falls” into a natural pool.
While it is not important to have experience it would be of advantage to bring good physical health as you will participate in this activity along the whole 2+hr ride 😉
When you arrive to the end of your exciting rafting journey we’ll do a quick hik
e to the 4×4 vehicle to drive out of this isolated, unspoiled region of Costa Rica.
You’ll then be treated to a delicious lunch, use the changing rooms and then head on your way to your hotel in time for a glorious, Pacific sunset!
What is included:
- White water rafting on a wild Class 3-4 river (2hrs)
- Rapids and Drops (12ft is the highest and optional)
- Refreshment after the rafting
- Traditional Costarican Lunch “Casado”)
- Entrance Fees
- Bilingual Guide & Transportation w/ AC
- This is a FULL DAY tour
- Driving time from Flamingo: 2hrs (PICKUP: 7am)
- Minimum age for rafting: 10 years
- Minimum Attendance: 2 persons