PADI Open Water Scuba Course
Get your PADI Open Water Dive Certification!
The PADI Open Water Course is those who want to get their first level certification in scuba. Upon completion of this program you will attain certification as a PADI Open Water Diver. You will be certified to a maximum depth of 18 mtrs/60ft (restrictions for children aged 10 & 11 yrs). The PADI Open Water Dive certification is recognized all over the world. Once you are certified, you can participate in a 2 Tank Boat Dive or contact us for other scuba diving options.
If you have never tried Scuba Diving before, now is your chance! For most people, the experience is actually life-changing.
Literally, you will descend into another world and encounter the weird and wonderful world that the vast and varied ocean has to offer.
You might even be lucky enough to see White tip reef sharks, Spotted eagle rays, Giant Manta Rays, Nudibranchs, Octopus, big schools of fish, eels and even maybe a seahorse!
What does the PADI Open Water course involve?
This program consists of theoretical and practical training to earn your the PADI Open Water certification.
- The practice includes 5 sessions in the pool for 2 days and then 4 dives in open water for two consecutive days.
- The theoretical part will require self study, with homework that must be completed, so make sure you have sufficient time to complete it.
The course includes book, a diving log and display of five videos. Referrals & E-learning students are also welcome.
- Pick-up time 6.45am Tamarindo, 7.15am Westin at Playa Conchal, Flamingo
- Finish time depending on program, usually lunchtime
- Fruit and cookies, fresh water and ice tea provided
Age & Requirements:
- Minimum Age 10 yrs
- Needs to be comfortable in water too deep to stand up in and able to swim
Suggested Fitness Level:
- Medical check-list must be completed (signed by adult for anyone under 18 yrs of age)
- Any medical issues need to be cleared by a doctor before being allowed to take part in a PADI Open Water Scuba Certification
- General overall good health
What to Bring :
- Bathing Suit & Towel,
- Sun Hat / Sunglasses, Sunscreen
- Money (for gratuities and incidentals)