The Tamarindo Estuary is a wildlife-rich river environment right next to one of Costa Rica’s biggest beach towns — fascinating to explore and easy to get to.
Check Pricing & Availability
- Just beyond the beaches of Tamarindo, Las Baulas Marine National Park is an often overlooked natural getaway teeming with birds and other wildlife.
- This tour takes you through the park’s vast network of mangrove forests on a relaxing boat trip.
- As you float down the river, your guide will point out wildlife like howler monkeys, crocodiles and tropical birds that you might not see on your own.
- Take a break from the crowds in Tamarindo to explore an unspoiled natural environment without having to travel far.
- See the rich diversity of the mangroves in a shade-covered boat with a knowledgeable guide.
What is Included?
- Local guide
- Bottled water
- National park entrance fees
What is Excluded?
Know Before You Go
- Duration: 2 hours, every day depending on the tides.
- Bring comfortable clothes, sunscreen, insect repellent, binoculars and camera.